Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > J2534 > MaxiFlash Pro > im in australia and want to download Hol...
im in australia and want to download Holden software for my MaxiSys Pro

3034 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2015-04-09 17:32:50

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    Kham
    2015-04-09 04:22:01
    How do I do it?

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-04-09 06:24:10 (Reply to:Kham)

You can contact your local dealer to add Holden software. If you can't get the contact information of your local dealer, please send email to support@autel.com for help.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-04-09 10:46:50 (Reply to:Kham)

Confucian  Say ,   Low N'B Holden....,  or Just No F'N Holden....? Is The  Holden brand diagnostic software selection  missing on your tool or you  just can't access the Holden programming files? If your update period lapses so does your  Autel Server access to the Holden programming files and every other brand.If you are still within  the one year update period , I believe  you can add , delete, and reinstall a manufacturer's software.I would think most of the Maxi Sys Pro's were bought online off Amazon or from a site in China and local dealer probably know less about the tool than you do. Best to call or email support .

•   Level 2   
    (24) points
    CoSypha

2015-04-09 13:15:47 (Reply to:witsend)

I am in the US and bought this as an addition to my tools, I haven't owned this but about a month or so and now and I keep seeing so much bad information on the updates. Witsend, I have a question, is the ECU programming options that are still available, if there are any, need server access even after you downloaded the manufacturer that was working? Regardless of the OEM vs Fraudulent software discussion, would it still connect to Autel to download the ECU reprogramming information or is this on the device until removed by new updates?

Side note, if anyone has made backup's of there system back when everything worked but menu's were out of order or whatever the case, are you willing to share them? I would like to have the older functionality back to when everyone was happy with the device. I am trying my best to hold on for good news but at the same time kicking myself for buying something that i had no idea would end up in a legal dispute. Not a cheap tool to just put on the sheld! Excuse the rant and frustration, just not getting any word back on if the company intends on making right and not leaving those who bought this tool out to dry.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-04-09 17:32:50 (Reply to:CoSypha)

I only have a DS708 and been  considering upgrading to the Maxi Sys Mini Platforms . I know Autel is hard at work trying to get as much OEM programming files onto  their data base  as possible to keep things in house and make module programming an affordable and lucrative thing for  the owners of MS908P to be able to do a lot more.From what I understand The OEMs want us all  to pay for subscriptions and collectively  I don't think a one of them  list The Maxi Flash Pro as a supported pass through device , so that worries me if If  the j2534 maxi flash tool  might not work from OEM sites with  paid subscriptions, if I can't find it on Autel server 
      I absolutely  hate that OE makers try to make coding  so Proprietary and modules no longer swappable between other same model cars to make life for the aftermarket repair of the vehicles increasingly more miserable so more customer pay work comes through the Stealership doors.
      I like the standard 908 Maxi Sys , for the bigger screen and the HDMI port but costs $200 more to update than a DS708 and MS905 mini . The MS 908P is $500-$600 more than updating the DS708 or MS905. Unlike a DS 708 that you can make a back up SD card,  the question remains about how to back up the software on a Maxi Sys , so you are not over the barrel to update it if something goes wrong with some of the software after the update period is up, and after your update period is up you have to drop $1300 for a year of updates and sever access for the programming files to use the J2534 feature to program with, not
  Total1 Pages